Question: What is archiving?
Answer: Archiving is a Brainshark feature used to effectively self manage content. As an author you can choose to manually archive your individual presentations, or as an Administrator you can set rules that will archive content that has not been utilized within a certain period of time.
Question: How is archiving useful?
Answer: It takes the manual content management work out of your hands and can help clean up your site. If you archive 'active' content, or it is automatically archived based on your rules, it will be 'auto-restored' when a viewer attempts to access the content.
Question: What are the differences between archived and inactive content?
Answer: Archived content behaves like deleted content, except that it can be restored in the site and will be automatically restored if a viewer clicks the link. It will not be visible under "My Presentations" and will only be accessible through Reports or through Advanced Search (see below).
Inactive content simply means that a presentation cannot be viewed and has not been made "live" yet in Brainshark. However, the status as inactive usually applies to content that is being finalized or modified, but will be intended for use in the near future. Inactive content is not viewable.
Question: How do I archive a presentation?
Answer: View this helpful Quick Tip Tutorial for information on the steps you need to archive and restore your content.
Question: How do I search for archived presentations?
Answer: Archived presentations can be found through Manage Content under the administration section, once in Manage content you will need to select include archived presentations.
Question: Can I run a report on archived content?
Answer: Yes. Many reports give you the option (on the Report Options tab) to include archived content. To run a report on archived content, follow the steps detailed below:
- Log into your account
- Locate the “Reporting” icon, select "Advanced reports and download data" and choose the “Presentation Reports” folder
- Select “Presentation Creation”
- Within the “Report Basics” tab, make sure the Date Range field has the appropriate time period. If searching for all archived content, select “All time” from the drop down menu.
- Beneath “Output” locate the Format field and select the “Comma delimited (*.csv)” option from the drop down menu. This report format allows you to alter the content after the report is run.
- Locate the “Report Options” tab
- Below “Other Options” make sure the “Include inactive presentations” and “Include Archived Presentations” boxes are checked.
- Click “Run Report”