What are the repercussions to moving an account to Full site SSL
(please note that Brainshark does not use SSL any longer but we use TLS although the computer industry still speaks of https as an SSL connection)
There are several things that need to be considered before enabling Full Site SSL on an account.
- Any Brainshark courses loaded into your LMS would need to be updated because the URL address would now be https
- Mobile viewers on Blackberry’s may need to adjust their settings to allow https to connect to the mobile versions of a presentation
- Any authors who have created URL slides with http, may need to be updated (in most cases, this resolved a browser security prompt when accessing the slide).
- Any embedded content may need to be updated.
- If the account is also using Salesforce and a custom Webtab was created to point to Brainshark the URL for the webtab would need to point to an https Brainshark URL
- If the account uses a Brainshark Custom Portal PS should be asked if moving their account to FullSite SSL will cause any issues with the custom portal
- Finally, if your account is using Single Sign-On your network may need to be configured to handle the additional https requests.
(If the account has Brainshark SSO this should be tested live when the switch is made to verify access to Brainshark is working as expected or it should be setup in staging)