If you need to add a new folder to your Brainshark Site, you can do so in the Administration section of your account. A Company Administrator or a Folder Administrator can add folders to a Brainshark site.
To add a new folder:
- Navigate to Administration
- Select Add Folder found in the Folders admin card.
- On the Folder Properties page, enter the properties of the new folder
- Select the parent folder to contain the new folder
- Enter the folder name
- Enter the folder description
- Choose the folder security settings
- Click Continue
- On the permissions page, assign Viewer, Author, and/or Administrator permissions to users
Groups can also be given permissions from this menu by selecting “Group Names” under the Search Dropdown in the top left and clicking “Go”
- Select Submit at the bottom of the page
- Folders cannot be moved once they have been added.
- Company Administrators may add folders at any level. Folder Administrators may only add subfolders to the folders that they have Folder Administration permissions to.
- Folders will not populate on the Home or My Content page filters until at least one piece of content is stored in it.
Relevant Articles and Training Videos
- Manage Folders and Groups
- Can we create folders in bulk?
- How can I make a Personal Authoring Folder for authors?
If you need additional assistance, please contact Support.