YouTube videos may be added to Brainshark presentations as URL slides.
In order to do so, you must use the YouTube embed link. Once you have the proper link, there are a few options for the syntax of URL that will utilize the full Brainshark player real estate. Below are a couple of examples of how you would want to construct the URL.
Finding the YouTube Embed Link:
- Select "Share" located below the YouTube video on Youtube.com
- You will see the options to Share, Embed, or Email
- Click "Embed"
- Copy the URL link that is after "src=" and before "frameborder"
It should look similar to https://www.youtube.com/embed/SHogg7pJI_M
Once you have the link, you can modify it in any of the following ways
Three ways to modify the URL:
1) Hide Related Videos
This method is a currently supported method from YouTube. With this option you can use the ?rel=0 parameter to not show related videos at the end of the video. If your Brainshark site uses https, you will need to use the https version.
2) Have your video autoplay
This method auto-starts, whereas the first one requires you to press the YouTube "play" button after you’ve clicked the play button. If your Brainshark site uses https, you will need to use the https version.
3) Both auto play and hiding of related videos
This method auto-starts and removes related videos. If your Brainshark site uses https, you will need to use the https version.
Now that you have modified the YouTube link appropriately, add it to your presentation:
- When logged into Brainshark, edit the desired presentation
- Select Add slides from the Things you can do panel followed by Add URL slide
- Copy and paste the modified URL (If you copied the URL with https:// then remove the pre-populated https:// from the Add slide text box)
- Select Save