When the completion information to multiple courses and/or multiple students needs to be imported into Brainshark, Course Completion results can be imported in bulk. Course Completion results may be imported by learning authors, company administrators, or learning administrators.
To import Course Completion results:
- Navigate to Brainshark Learning
- Select Authoring > My Courses & Curriculums
- Select the Upload button on the upper left-hand side of the page
- Select Download Template, if necessary, to download the Course Completion Results Import Template
- Complete the Course Completion Results Import Template. Template fields include:
- CourseID – this may be found on the My Courses & Curriculums page or in the URL when viewing course details
- CourseTitle – this is for your reference only and is not validated during import
- Username – the student’s username
- CompletionDate – the format is MM/DD/YYYY
- Score – optional
- After completing the template, select Upload .csv
Note: After importing your file, you will receive an email, sent to the email address of the logged in user, informing you that your file has been processed. If any rows were unable to be loaded, a .csv file will be attached to the email so you may correct the error(s) and re-import the file.
Please refer to the table below for error messages you may see and the resolution.
|Course is already completed||The student already has completed status for the course||Manually re-enroll student in the course and re-import|
|Course is Coaching Activity||Coaching activities may not be marked complete using the import process||None – not available for coaching activities|
|Username not valid||The username does not exist or is inactive||Verify and update username|
|Insufficient privileges||The user importing the file does
not have privileges to update
the specified course
|Verify the user is a Company
Administrator, or the course
|Course ID not valid||Course ID does not exist or has
|Verify and update the course ID|
|Completed date note found||The date is not included or is not in
|Verify and update completed
Note: These results must be uploaded as a .csv file. We recommend limiting your file to 10,000 rows or less. Students not already enrolled in the course are enrolled and immediately set to complete. Coaching course enrollments may not be set to complete through this import.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Support.