You must login as a Company Administrator to enable Self-Registration:
- From Administration, select Manage Company
- Select Advanced Options > Self Registration
- In the Enable self-registration section, select Yes
- Require company name for self-registration—use this option if you have more than one Brainshark site at your company or if you require registration for people outside of your company (e.g.: vendors, distributors, partners, customers).
- Show Self-Registration link on login page—if you want to provide users with the option to self-register from the login page, select Yes to add a link for the default self-registration template you selected.
- Domain Restrictions—you can enter one or more domains to restrict self-registration. You can allow or block users from the specified domain(s). For example, you could enter your company’s domain and permit only users coming from this domain to register.
When you enable self-registration, Brainshark will automatically create a user profile called NEW_USER.
After Submitting the above options a USER,NEW profile should appear
Select the USER,NEW name and Edit Profile
After editing the profile, you will be brought to the Set Profile Page
You can input all the information regarding first name, last name, email and move on to the user properties/privileges.
Next you will be presented with the ability to provide permissions to all folders and groups.
Note: If you intend this user to be an author, please ensure they have authoring permission to at least one folder.
Your self-registration setup is now complete and you will be able to share the URL or enable the setting to create an account using self-registration.
Auto-Create with self-registration (Single Sign ON)
When enabling the ability to create users automatically using single sign on, you can also ensure each user is assigned to a specific self-registration profile using the profile name column.
Inputting a profile name allows you to ensure when a user accesses Brainshark with a specific claim, such as job role, they are associated with the matching self-registration profile.
- Example flow: Sally is a Sales Rep, when she accesses Brainshark, her account is associated with the Sales Rep self-registration profile and her account is created with all the necessary groups and folders for all sales representatives
Please contact Brainshark Support to enable this feature if you do not see this section on the self-registration page.