Content Authors are able to add Closed Captions to a Presentation so long as the Company Administrators have it enabled for your site.
To enable Closed Captions as a Company Administrator
- For more information, please see the following article: How to enable Closed Captions for your organization’s Brainshark site
To add Closed Captions as an Author
The author will need to create and upload a .webvtt file that Brainshark can use to display Closed Captions. This file tells the Presentation what text to show, and how long to show it for. To create this file:
- Create the WebVTT File (See How to Create a WebVTT File)
- In Brainshark, to add this captioning edit the presentation and under the Things you can do menu select Manage Slides
- Edit the slide you wish to add the captions for
- Under Slide Properties select Upload at the bottom
(Note: If you do not see this, that means your Administrators do not have Closed Captioning enabled for your site)
- Select the .WebVTT file
- Click Save or Apply
Note: As an alternative, you can instead enable Slide Notes to display on the page which will allow the viewer to read the text of the slide without needing to upload a Webvtt file.
Relevant Articles and Training Videos
If you need additional assistance, please contact Support.