Please find below all product release notes to the Brainshark platform in 2021. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
November 4, 2021
- In the Coaching Activity Details and Curriculum Breakdown by Course panels, clicking on a user's name will now navigate you to that individual's Scorecard.
October 21, 2021
- When changing the completion criteria for a Coaching Course, users with an incomplete status are now re-evaluated against the new completion criteria. If they meet the new criteria, they are marked complete. To learn more, check out the Changing Completion Criteria for Coaching Courses Product Overview.
October 13, 2021
- We have a fresh, new look for the Brainshark Home, My Content, and Favorites pages. This redesign is consistent with other recent redesign and standards initiatives across the Brainshark platform. Some highlights include:
- Responsive sizing to mobile, tablet, and desktop browser sizes
- Authors and Administrators can archive or delete presentations in bulk
- Company Administrators can rename Featured Content
- Available in 12 languages
- To learn more, check out these brief overviews:
October 7, 2021
- The ‘Reviews/Assignments’ column has been renamed to ‘Review/Submissions’ and displays how many users have responded to a coaching activity vs. how many were expected to respond, presenting a more accurate picture of Coach workload. Note that we continue to show all three metrics: Reviews, Submissions, and Assignments when you hover over the column data.
October 5, 2021
- For users taking a coaching activity as part of a Course, there is now an easier way to navigate back to Learning with a ‘TO LEARNING’ prompt in the top left of the Coaching page (submission, feedback, or leaderboard). This pertains to the desktop or mobile browser.
- Users accessing from My Enrollments will return to My Enrollments
- Users accessing from Curriculum details will return to the same curriculum
- Scorecard Snapshots now include a PDF attachment of the Snapshot.
September 28, 2021
- The Viewer Clickpath Details report has two additional columns related to ‘Time Listened’ to help identify audio missed by the user that may cause them not to meet completion requirements. The two new columns are:
- ‘View Time Listened’: the total time listened for the view
- ‘Clickpath Time Listened’: the time listened for the slide
September 15, 2021
Learning, Coaching & Content
- We updated the Learning and Coaching headers so it will match the header in the recently redesigned Administration module. As a result, the Search box on the My Enrollments and Course Catalog pages has been moved to the body of the page.
- New styling updates to the authoring pages are listed below. There are no functional changes to these pages, simply some small styling changes such as buttons being updated.
- Record audio with microphone
- Record audio with telephone (IVR)
- Record with webcam (core authoring only)
- Video sync
- Content download
September 14, 2021
- We made an update to the HTML5 player for slides that do not have audio. Now, slides that do not have background or recorded audio are paused when the user moves it out of the primary focus. This reduces the potential that the player inaccurately counts seconds listened on slides without audio.
- A new look to the Scorecards grid panel was released today for a better user experience. This includes a single scroll, more table real estate, fixed header and footer, increased font weight of column values and a new empty state when there are no matching records.
September 10, 2021
Mobile App (v 5.5.9)
- A new version of the Brainshark Mobile App v 5.5.9 is available to support the new usability improvements for Coaching Courses released on September 2, 2021. See the Apple App Store and Google Play for details and version history.
September 2, 2021
- We added some usability improvements for Coaching Courses. This is currently available on the desktop and mobile browser only:
- Users now have one-click access to the Coaching Leaderboard from the course card on My Enrollments, Curriculum Details, and course details modal.
- The action buttons for course participants have been renamed for those that have submitted a coaching response:
- View Submission - if they not have not yet received any feedback.
- View Feedback - once they have received feedback, either through Machine Analysis or a manual review.
August 26, 2021
- We added the ability to connect a Salesforce sandbox environment to Scorecards. This allows customers to test or train, without compromising their data and applications in their production environment. Users will be prompted to select the type of Salesforce environment (Production or Sandbox) when setting up Scorecards.
August 17, 2021
- We made a usability improvement for reviewers and coaches assigned to a coaching course. Now, if a participant has already met the completion criteria, or has already been reviewed (and the completion criteria is set to “First Rating Received”), reviewers will be notified that additional reviews are not mandatory.
August 6, 2021
- Building on the Reviewer Insights panel in Scorecards that we released in January, we added a new Coach Insights panel. Sales enablement leaders can now gain valuable insights on the quality, consistency and overall workload of their coaches across multiple coaching activities for a given timeframe. To learn more, check out this brief Reviewer/Coach Insights Panel Product Overview on our Training site.
- Scorecard layouts can now be renamed by clicking on the red action button and selecting Manage Layouts.
- Active courses are now displayed as the default in the Scorecards Courses index page. To see inactive courses, use the page level filter
July 12, 2021
- Changes to completion criteria now make it easier to interpret and improve the consistency and precision of completion information. For more information, see Completion Criteria Changes article in the Brainshark Support Resource Center.
Mobile App (v 5.5.7)
- A new version of the Brainshark Mobile App v 5.5.7 is available to support the completion criteria changes (see above). See the Apple App Store and Google Play for details and version history.
June 30, 2021
Mobile App (v 5.5.6)
- A new version of the Brainshark Mobile App v 5.5.6 is available. See the Apple App Store and Google Play for details and version history.
June 25, 2021
- We have added new summary panels for Activity Scorecards. Users can now get quick insights into their all their Activities (Curriculums, Courses, Coaching, and Presentations) and drill down for more information to identify problems and act quickly. To learn more, check out this brief Scorecards Summary Panel Overview on our Training site.
June 18, 2021
Mobile App (v 5.5.5)
- A new version of the Brainshark Mobile App v 5.5.5 is available. See the Apple App Store and Google Play for details and version history.
June 17, 2021
- Guestbook data is now available as a metric on the Presentations Panel. This is accessible from Activities --> Presentations. Guestbook fields include First Name, Email, all Custom Fields and more.
- The Grade Level component is no longer displayed when it is NOT enabled as part of the Machine Analysis scoring criteria
June 10, 2021
- Folder filters are now available in Presentation Scorecards. With this filter option, users can select to see Presentations from one or multiple folders.
June 8, 2021
- We made some formatting updates to the topic selections in the dropdown of the My Courses & Curriculums pages, as well as in the Edit Course, and Edit Curriculums pages. Users can now determine the relationships between topic, subtopic, and a subtopic of a subtopic when selecting a topic association for their content.
June 3, 2021
- We made several updates to the Manage content and Knowledge and skills library administration pages.
- Manage Content:
- A new toggle switch replaces the Status column text of inactive/active.
- The Edit action is now exposed at the individual line item for quicker access.
- Added a new “View Scorecard” to the Actions menu for each title.
- Filtering on Presentations, Courses, or Curriculums will trigger a View Scorecards icon to the right of the filter. Users are redirected to Scorecards to view the filtered selections
- The Display course details action will now open a new modal within Manage Content. If Edit is selected, a new window is opened allowing the user to make changes. Choosing Unenroll/Enroll is instantaneous and selecting review or take now redirects you to the player to consume the course.
- Knowledge and skills library:
- Ability to individually or bulk delete using the selection column on the left.
- Edit action is exposed on the right (pencil icon).
- The Students Completed modal now matches the fields in the export file.
- The First three associations are displayed by default. View more/View less link is displayed to manage expand and collapse of additional associations.
May 28, 2021
Mobile App (v 5.5.4)
- A new version of the Brainshark Mobile App v 5.5.4 is available. See the Apple App Store and Google Play for details and version history.
May 25th, 2021
- Our work on the redesign of the Administration module continues for an improved user experience and ease of use. To learn more about this redesign, check out the Administration Redesign Overview on our Training site. This month’s updates:
- Redesign of the Coaching and Learning administration pages.
- Tracking Code is now available as a metric on the Presentations Panel. This is accessible from Activities --> Presentations in Scorecards.
- The Personality Insights tab has been removed from the Machine Analysis results of coaching activities. Note that Personality Insights data from existing coaching submissions will still be available for viewing.
May 24th, 2021
- Brainshark now integrates Gong activity, interaction and coaching metrics with Brainshark readiness data in Scorecards. This allows you to correlate the readiness (learning and coaching) of your teams to actual field data from Gong. For more information on how the Scorecard for Gong Integration works, see the Scorecards for Gong Product Overview on our Training site.
May 18, 2021
- Customers can now view data for a Manager’s direct reports for their entire hierarchy.
- This is only available for companies that have Management Hierarchy turned on and is accessible in Scorecards from the Teams --> Management Hierarchy menu.
- When selecting “View Team” to view a Manager’s Group Scorecards, users will see the “Expand” and “Collapse” buttons at the top of the page
May 11, 2021
- The role “Users” has been relabeled to “All Users” and has been moved to the top of the page in the Scorecards Administration page. This is being done to better illustrate that the All Users role includes all of the other roles as well.
- We have updated the default thumbnail for Learning as part of the Administration redesign. This new default overrides the existing Brainshark default thumbnail for all content using the default.
May 6, 2021
- A new "Learning Authors" role has been added to the Scorecards Administration page under Company. This role allows Learning Authors to access authored presentations and learning content data in Scorecards.
May 4, 2021
- The Brainshark platform (in other words the Brainshark user interface) now supports Russian (ru) and French-Canadian (fr-CA). To learn more about Brainshark's language support, check out see the Is Brainshark available in languages other than English? FAQ.
- Users can now easily navigate directly from the following Scorecard pages (Curriculum, Course, Coaching and Presentation) back to the respective pages to view or edit a curriculum, course, coaching activity or presentation.
May 1, 2021
- All courses now default to having ‘Resume views’ enabled, and this setting may not be disabled.
- Existing courses with ‘Resume views’ disabled have been updated so that they are now enabled.
- Ten Content and Learning reports are updated to include a new column called ‘Time Listened’ in support of an upcoming change to how audio completion is calculated.
- For more information, see the Support article or view the Learning & Content Updates Product Overview on our Training site.
April 20, 2021
- Users can now easily navigate directly from Brainshark activities (Curriculum, Course, Coaching and Presentation) to Scorecards for closer alignment and context.
- Average machine Scores or individual machine scores are now available in several Scorecard Coaching panels alongside where the reviewer scores are displayed. This allows sales managers or coaches to quickly browse machine scores and reviewer scores together to identify which reps need the most help – and prioritize their coaching accordingly.
- Note that Machine Analysis must be enabled for a coaching activity for the machine scores to be displayed
April 15, 2021
- The character limit has been removed for the New User Email templated field under Company --> Manage templates --> Email templates
April 12, 2021
- In early March, we released a redesign of the Administration home page with an improved user experience and ease of use for greater productivity. We're continuing the Administration redesign with the following improvements to Administration:
- Redesign of the Manage Company and Advanced Options administration pages.
- Additional role permissions for Scorecards (Folder administrators and Authors).
- New Admin Quick Find feature.
- For more information on how this works, see the Administration Redesign Product Overview.
April 8, 2021
- Users can now filter on the Users & Management Hierarchy Scorecard pages.
- By default, all active users are displayed.
- When the “Show Inactive” filter is enabled Inactive users will be displayed.
- Inactive users are labeled accordingly so as to be clear who is inactive.
April 7, 2021
- Users can now filter on the Curriculum by Course and the Coaching Activity Details panels.
- Filtering is available on both the Groups page and the individual Rep page.
- The Coaching Activities or Curriculums visible in the left-most column are limited to those which meet the filtering criteria.
- Available metrics include Topic, Title, Author, and more.
March 23, 2021
- Brainshark now integrates with the Gong Embedded Player.
- Users can embed a Gong call into Brainshark Learning or Coaching. This will allow users to take examples of sales conversations and embed them within a Brainshark course or attach it as part of a coaching activity.
- For more information on how this works, see the Integrating Gong Calls with Brainshark Training & Coaching Product Updates.
Mobile App (v 5.5.2)
- A new version of the Mobile App has been released with the following fixes:
- Opening PDFs from coaching activities through the Salesforce App on the iPad prompts the user for a login.
- Scrolling in multi-page PDF on IOS/iPad.
March 19, 2021
- Users can now save custom drilldown layouts.
- Add or remove fields from the default layout and save changes to create a custom drilldown layout.
- Only one custom drilldown layout is permitted. New layout changes will overwrite the existing custom layout.
- The custom layout option in the layout menu only appears after the first layout has been saved.
March 11, 2021
- Clicking on the Scorecards button in Brainshark will now redirect users to the new scorcards.brainshark.com URL.
- The total completions and enrollments from all time are now available in activities pages (Curriculums, Courses, Coaching, Presentations) in Scorecards.
March 1, 2021
- The Administration home page has a new design and user experience making the page easier and faster to use. To learn more, check out this brief Administration Home Page Overview on our Training site.
- Here is what you need to know:
- Landing page design for all Admin users (Company Admins, Learning Admins, Folder Admins, and Learning Managers).
- Permission-based card layouts representing Administrative categories (Folders, Users, Groups, etc.).
- KPI Dashboard (number of admins, active users and active content for the company)
- Display of company and contact information.
February 18, 2021
- Added “Days to complete review” column to the Reviewer Insights panel (Accessible from Activities --> Coaching). This column is sortable and refers to the average business days elapsed between submission and review by the specified reviewer .
February 16, 2021
- Word Cloud issues were resolved and reinstated in the Machine Analysis results.
- The “Unexpected Error” with external coaching links is resolved.
- Coaching Courses - Issue with the number of reviewers displayed on the details modal is resolved.
February 11, 2021
- Increased size of ‘Email to’ field for reports from 255 characters to 4,000 characters.
- Users now can now adjust the width of columns in the Drilldown window.
February 6, 2021
- Video files with M4V file type may now be uploaded using the Create --> Upload a Video workflow.
- Corrected an issue in Coaching Courses where a student enrolled in more than one curriculum including the same coaching course would see a blank page when attempting to access the coaching course.
February 4, 2021
- Introducing Presentation Scorecards, that bring Presentation viewing data to Scorecards. Presentation Scorecards provide Authors with insight into how their content is being consumed. Authors can view summary data such as Total Viewing Time and Number of Views Over Time, and drill into individual views for more in-depth analysis.
- Here is what you need to know:
- The Presentations panel is accessed by going to Activities --> Presentations page in Scorecards.
- CAdmins can view all data for all presentations.
- Authors can only view data for their own presentations.
- Currently, this is only available for readiness customers.
Mobile App (v 5.5.1)
- A new version of the Mobile App has been released that includes a fix to show the passing score for Coaching courses on the course details page.
January 28, 2021
- Introducing the Reviewer Insights panel in Scorecards for coaching activities.
- Reviewer Insights delivers data-driven insights into the effectiveness of your coaching programs. It helps those who are responsible for making sales managers, coaches, and reviewers better at coaching. Added by default and available on the Coaching > Activity default page in Scorecards.
- The panel displays summary information about reviewer ratings and feedback on the selected Coaching activity. It includes:
- Reviewer Name.
- Reviewer Type (Reviewer, Manager, Coach).
- Number of Completed vs. Assigned Reviews in this Activity (Pending).
- Percentage of Reviews with Comments.
- Average Word Count in those Comments.
- The distribution of Scores and Ratings by this Reviewer.
- For more information, see the Reviewer Insights Product Overview in the Brainshark Training Site.
January 12, 2021
- Fixed two issues related to the time zone in Course Sessions. The calendar invites are now showing the correct time.
- Fixed an issue that occurs when a Scorecards layout is shared with a group manager and that layout includes a filter to show a group, they are not a manager of, all user data was shown. Now - that filter will break, and the group manager will see only their default managed user's data.
- For individual User Scorecards, the layout "Rep" was being duplicated and has now been removed.
January 5, 2021
- The Curriculum Courses panel is available to be added to the Curriculums page. This panel provides a breakdown of the courses and each user's progress within the Curriculum. This panel already exists in the Groups Page and the Users Page in Scorecards, and now exists in Activities > Curriculums as well.
- Note: The panel is now a default panel.