Company Administrators, Folder Administrators, or Content Authors may need to verify if viewers have met the set completion criteria for a presentation or course. The Viewing Details by Presentation report is a great option for this! This report also contains various optional fields that can be added or removed from the report output.
To run the 'View Details by Presentation' report:
- Click the Reporting tab toward the top of the Brainshark account.
- Navigate to the Standard Reports section on the left side of the page, and select Content.
- Search for the report titled Viewing Details by Presentation, and click the Edit option.
- Proceed to fill out the report settings from top to bottom.
- Under the Report Contents section, either click the All Presentations in Folder bubble to report on all content within a particular folder, or select the Presentations bubble to search for a particular presentation. If searching for a specific presentation, select the Find button to search by title or ID number.
- Review the section labeled When to Run and select Now. This field will also populate a drop down menu with additional options to schedule the report to send out regularly, or to save this as a Template that you could run at a later time.
- Proceed to review to the Dates section, and select a date ranges of the data you would like to populate on the report.
- Scroll down the page to the Output section and select the file format. The report can populate in .CSV, .PDF, HTML, or XML format.
- Select either the On-screen only option, or the Email to option.
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click the Report Options tab. On this page you can add or remove fields from the report, or apply pre-set sorting options.
- Click Run Report located in the upper right corner of the page. The report will either download on that page (On-screen only) or be sent to the email entered under 'Output' in the Email to section.
- If the report data is too large you may need to break this into smaller reports, by adjusting the date ranges.
- We typically recommend to run this report in .CSV format as this provides great flexibility with sorting and filtering the data.
- We especially recommend to add the field 'View is Completed' into the report options. This field will help to determine if a user has met all three levels of completion criteria enabled on a presentation.
- You may need to add Guestbook fields to this report.
- Slide 13 of the video training 'Measure Results with Brainshark Reports' in the relevant videos section below will display how to add and remove the optional fields with this report.
- If you apply Filters under the Filters tab, these are character specific. In some cases if a set filter is one character off this can generate blank reports.
Relevant Articles and Training Videos:
- How do I schedule a report?
- Measure Results with Brainshark Reports
- What do the Viewing Details by Presentation filter columns mean?
- 'Time Listened' column on Learning and Content reports
- Reporting Fields
- Brainshark Reporting Guide
- Where to find Guestbook data in a report
If you need additional assistance, please contact Support.